Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
According to the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain the fact that The Warlock of Firetop Mountain had 400 references was a complete fluke. The original manuscript for the book apparently had 399 paragraph references when it was completed and so Steve Jackson wrote an extra reference (being an extra false reference to the sum total of the key's to Zagor's chest). This then set the standard.
Non-Standard Length BooksEdit
Some adventures however have had more or less than the standard 400 paragraphs:
- Starship Traveller (343)
- The Shamutanti Hills (456)
- Kharé — Cityport of Traps (511)
- The Seven Serpents (498)
- The Crown of Kings (800)
- Freeway Fighter (380)
- Appointment with F.E.A.R. (440)
- Clash of the Princes - The Warlock's Way (500)
- Clash of the Princes - The Warrior's Way (500)
- Creature of Havoc (460)
- Eye of the Dragon (407)
- Howl of the Werewolf (515)
- Night of the Necromancer (450)
Successful Conclusion is Not the Final ParagraphEdit
Some have not had the last paragraph in the book as the final one and instead as a standard paragraph, the conclusion to the adventure buried elsewhere in the book:
- Scorpion Swamp
- Demons of the Deep
- Robot Commando
- Black Vein Prophecy
- The Crimson Tide
- Eye of the Dragon
- Blood of the Zombies
Multiple Successful ConclusionsEdit
Some books feature several conclusions of varying levels of success.
- Scorpion Swamp (3)
- The Rings of Kether (2)
- Robot Commando (2)
- Phantoms of Fear (2)
- Dead of Night (2)
- For more information on the end of the series, see Cancellation of Puffin Range
The Role-Playing Game BooksEdit
- Fighting Fantasy - The Introductory Role-Playing Game features two short multi-player adventures:
- The Riddling Reaver (62)
Other Non-Fighting Fantasy SeriesEdit
- The books in the Cretan Chronicles series run to:
- Maelstrom features a short 160 paragraph solo adventure entitled A Solo Adventure.
- The Starlight Adventures series run to:
- ↑ 25th Anniversary Edition of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - ???
- ↑ Letter from Jonathan Green at the Internet Archive record of AMYLASE]