|Fan Written Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks|
|Cover illustrator:||Michael Wolmarans|
|First published:||May 5 2011|
|Previous Adventure:||Bones of the Banished|
|Next Adventure:||Queen of Shades|
“ The kingdom of Alkemis has come under repeated attack from neighbouring Agra. Unable to hold back the hordes of Lizard Men and chaotic Asuras led by the evil sorcerer Grudar Kreshnel, YOU and a few dozen fellow survivors were captured. One by one your fellow countrymen have been brutally executed, until only YOU remain. Will YOU be able to escape from the Sorcerer? ”
- The reader is unarmed at the start of the book and suffers a skill penalty of 2 points until they find a weapon.
- Provisions restore 2 stamina per meal.
The player begins the adventure with no equipment.
Cover and IllustrationsEdit
The cover was designed and illustrated by Michael Wolmarans.
The interior illustrations were by Michael Wolmarans. There were 10 full page illustrations and 6 minor repeated illustrations scattered throughout the text. The paragraphs with a full page illustration were: 3, 29, 78, 86, 103, 110, 133, 153, 169, and 193.
YOU: Hero of Escape from the Sorcerer
- Grudar Kreshnel
- Olie Jamiver
- Ramdon Gorsay
- Zildo Alli
- Crocodile Mutant
- Giant Cobra
- Grudar Kreshnel
- Humans - Guards
- Kumbak - Giant Asura
- Lizard Men
- Sabre-Toothed Tiger
- Originally written as a 115-reference adventure in 1988, though not set in Allansia.
- A Hungarian translation was published in issue 8 of Kaland Játék Kockázat. It was translated by FireFoX.
- Possible error: Arriving from sections (61) or (96) we encounter a river running south-north. We cross it and go eastwards to (183) and (152), leaving it behind. Then a new tunnel starts northwards (89) where the river magically reappears. It is possible the new tunnel and the river begin to run parallel as they are both north-south oriented.
- Typos: (140) mentions a Rune of Life and a Rune of Chaos, while at (99) there is a Rune of Good and a Rune of Chaos.
- Typos: (145) mentions a female Hobbit character: "her escorts were taking him back to the cells".