Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There have been a number of boxsets of Fighting Fantasy publications produced by both Penguin/Puffin Books and Wizard Books which vary in style, size and availability. Also termed "Boxed-sets" and "Gameboxes".
Penguin and Puffin Books BoxsetsEdit
Fighting Fantasy Main SeriesEdit
Even the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain does not give an exhaustive list of the boxsets. However, it distinguishes between those that were for titles "launched" as boxed-sets and those that were for the gift-market:
Launched Boxed SetsEdit
- Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Original
- Clash of the Princes - This was how the only Two Player book was published.
Given that 25th Anniversary Edition of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain does not name these, it is presumed that any that exist and were not named in the Launched Boxed Sets are Gift Market Boxed Sets
- Fighting Fantasy Gamebox
- Perhaps the most common gamebox containing books 1 to 3.
- Fighting Fantasy Gamebox 1
- This had the Puffin Logo and the Fighting Fantasy logo and contained books one to four in the Main Series.
- Fighting Fantasy Gamebox 2
- This had the Puffin Logo and the Fighting Fantasy logo and contained books five to seven in the Main Series as well as Fighting Fantasy - The Introductory Role-Playing Game.
- Fighting Fantasy Adventure Gamebox - Bronze
- Fighting Fantasy Adventure Gamebox - Green
- Fighting Fantasy Adventure Gamebox - Thrilling
- This set contained books thriteen to sixteen of the Main Series, and an iron-on.
- A Fistful of Fighting Fantasy
- Fighting Fantasy - The Anniversary Collection
- The Best of Fighting Fantasy
- Contents TBC
- Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Series Boxed Set
- This contained all four books, in the Zig-Zag Stripe format, and the slipcase was notable for being a wraparound colour map of Kakhabad by John Blanche. It was the same map published as a poster advert as well as published on the back of Warlock Issue 5.
- It also advertised that it included a Transfer.
Wizard Books BoxsetsEdit
In the short time they have been publishing Fighting Fantasy material, Wizard have had two different styles of boxset.
Original Wizard BoxsetsEdit
The Original Boxsets were the following:
- Books 1 to 4
- Books 5 to 8
- Books 1 to 8
- Books 1 to 10
- Sorcery! Series Boxed Set - Wizard Original
- This contained all four books, from the Wizard Books release.
These were each published with artwork from the covers of the books they contained.
New Wizard BoxsetsEdit
The same boxsets were re-packaged (with the exception of the ten book set) so that they all followed a standard format with the Wizard Fighting Fantasy Logo on the sides (silver for Books 1 to 4, Books 5 to 8 and Books 1 to 8 and in gold for Sorcery!). The only difference between sets, apart from the contents, was the main colour of the slipcase, as follows:
- Books 1 to 4 - red
- Books 5 to 8 - metallic blue
- Books 1 to 8 - yellow
- Sorcery! - silver/platinum
The words "Fighting Fantasy" were also on the sides of the slip case, in silver, except for Sorcery! where these words were replaced with the "Steve Jackson's Sorcery!" logo.
Fighting Fantasy Collection 10 Books Set PackEdit
It is worth noting that a set of the first ten Shield Format books was released, bound purely in clear plastic and sold by the "The Book People" in 2010.