Fighting Fantasy Transfers or "iron-on transfers" were produced on a number of occasions during the production lifespan of Fighting Fantasy.
Transfers that are known to have been produced are:
- This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.
- With the Fighting Fantasy Quest Pack
- With Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Series Boxed Set
- With one of the Fighting Fantasy Adventure Gameboxes
- Mystery Transfer - a transfer has been found by Jamie Fry of Fighting Fantasy Collector, but the origin is unknown (perhaps it is one of the previous two above).
Quest Pack TransferEdit
This transfer depicted, in colour, a Dragon (in fact it was the Dragon from The Warlock of Firetop Mountain). The transfer was an iron-on product designed to be ironed on to a shirt. Detailed instructions were contained on the reverse. Only by looking at the back of the transfer could you see what it said (unless you ironed it on of course). The title was "The World of Puffin Fighting Fantasy". There are not many other examples where the words Fighting Fantasy are preceded by Puffin in this manner. Perhaps this was an attempt to differentiate the Fighting Fantasy books from an increasing amount of other gamebooks that were beginning to hit the market from different publishers.
Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Series Boxed Set TransferEdit
This boxed set is an elusive item in the collecting circuit, making the transfer that once came with it even more so. The evidence that it exists resides in the fact that the original sale of the box set had a sticker on the front saying "Price (Inc. Transfer and Slipcase) £8.35".
Fighting Fantasy Adventure GameboxEdit
A transfer has been found by Jamie Fry, but the origin is unknown (perhaps it is one of the previous two above).