|Mini Fighting Fantasy Adventures|
|Location:||Wood of Ergon|
|First published:||April 1986|
|Publication:||Warlock (Issue 9)|
|Previous Mini-FF:||The Floating City|
|Next Mini-FF:||Rogue Mage|
- For other uses of Fortress Throngard, see Fortress Throngard
Fortress Throngard is a single-player role-playing mini adventure written by Tom Williams, and illustrated by Leo Hartas. It was published in 1986 in issue 9 of Warlock by Games Workshop. It has not been reprinted since.
“ You must prove your worthiness to become a knight by rescuing your liege, Sir Falfax, from his incarceration in the Fortress’s depths. ”
How to Fight Creatures in the AdventureEdit
- Leather Armour
- 5 Provisions
- Choice of one of three Potions (see Game System for generic fantasy setting choices)
The illustrations were by Leo Hartas. There were 7 full page (or equivalent) illustrations and 6 minor repeated illustrations scattered throughout the text. The paragraphs with a full page illustration were: 6, 32,1 50,2 68,1 120, 126 and 139.
- The illustration in this instance is placed some "distance" from the paragraph in question probably due to reasons of layout.
- This illustration in particular is very "removed" from the paragraph it illustrates!
- Humans - Butler/Chef/Guards
- Man Thing
- Statues - With Sword/With Trident
- Vampire Bat
- (42) is missing a "Turn to 49".
- The skill score for the Armour is missing in (159) and in (169) it is meant to be Initial stamina rather than skill.
- Fighting Fantasy at Gamebooks.org - Retrieved 2014-09-29
- Fortress Throngard at Gamebooks.org - Retrieved 2014-09-29
- Warlock at Gamebooks.org - Retrieved 2014-09-29
- Warlock #9 at Gamebooks.org - Retrieved 2014-09-29