|Fan Written Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks|
|Location:||Mauristatia, Old World|
|Cover illustrator:||Alexander Ballingall|
|First published:||October 29 2010|
|Previous Adventure:||Prey of the Hunter|
|Next Adventure:||Bones of the Banished|
- For other uses of In Search of the Mungies' Gold, see In Search of the Mungies' Gold
“ Mauristatia, wild land of cloud-capped mountains, shadowy valleys, arcane cults, and fell beasts. Great treasures are said to lie hidden in its depths, but few have been foolhardy enough to risk body and soul in pursuit of them. Dare YOU enter Mauristatia in search of the fabled Mungies’ Gold? And will you return to tell the tale? ”
In addition, it features the following:
- A set of Special Skills which the player chooses a subset of prior to the adventure: Aim, Climb, Deftness, Jump, Observation, Run, Sneak and Swim.
- Modifiers on Test Your Skill dependent on your Special Skills and/or equipment.
- A Disturbance statistic which indicates the amount of attention the player has drawn to themselves in the adventure.
Cover and IllustrationsEdit
The cover was designed and illustrated by Alexander Ballingall.
The interior illustrations were by Alexander Ballingall. There were 10 full page illustrations and 6 minor repeated illustrations scattered throughout the text. The paragraphs with a full page illustration were: 9, 39, 71, 83, 96, 108, 142, 146, 156 and 191.
The colour map on the back cover was by Andrew Wright.
YOU: Hero of In Search of the Mungies' Gold
- Bagmati Hills
- Chena Vala
- Cloudcap Mountains
- Gaggaji River
- Kajagadu Point
- Kharé - Cityport of Traps
- Khiranti Marshes
- Lake Lumlé
- Lake Schabalala
- Lumlé Gate
- Eastern Mauristatia
- Shamutanti Hills
- Tinpang Valley
- A Hungarian translation was published in issue 7 of Kaland Játék Kockázat. It was translated by FireFoX.