|Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks|
|Location:||Solani Island, Titan|
|Cover illustrator:||Terry Oakes|
|First published:||September 30 1992|
|Previous Book:||Return to Firetop Mountain|
|Next Book:||Night Dragon|
|Wizard (Series 1)|
|Wizard (Series 2)|
Island of the Undead is a single-player role-playing gamebook written by Keith Martin, illustrated by Russ Nicholson and originally published in 1992 by Puffin Books. It forms part of Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone's Fighting Fantasy series. It is the 51st in the series in the original Puffin series (ISBN 0-14-036257-6). There are currently no announced plans to republish this book as part of the Wizard series.
The book's working title was Plague of the Undead. The book was referred to by this title in the list of Fighting Fantasy gamebooks at the front of some of the Fighting Fantasy books printed or reprinted after its release.
“ Ancient evil has come to Solani Island!
The mysterious sorcerers of Solani Island have protected the local people from danger for many years. Now, it seems, their power has been usurped. An evil force holds sway across the land, an evil that seems to hold the power over life and death itself!
A hero is urgently needed to journey to Solani Island and discover what has happened to the wizards. Dare YOU be that adventurer? Who knows what terrible fate awaits you on the island where death rules? There is only one way to find out. Are YOU brave enough to solve the mystery of Solani Island?
FIGHTING FANTASY — THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR ADVENTURE GAMEBOOK SERIES
- A new attribute called presence is a 1d6 roll, which is halved (rounding fractions up) and 4 added. This reflects the force of the player's personality and can either gain help or attract unwanted attention depending on the situation. The score must not exceed 12.
- The player can not carry more than 12 Provisions at any one time.
- As the player begins only with a knife they must perform a 1d6 roll for each round of combat in which they win. Here a 5 or 6 denotes a 2 stamina point attack, a 1~4 a 1 stamina point attack.
- The player is encouraged to keep empty potion bottles.
- 12 Provisions
Cover and IllustrationsEdit
- Main article: Island of the Undead (illustrations)
The original cover of the book was designed and illustrated by Terry Oakes.
|No. Spine Only||No Bronze-Foil|
- Price of 1st Impression
- Price of 3rd Impression
The interior illustrations were by Russ Nicholson.
- Caltarelair - Master of Earth
- Father Honorton - Monk
- Molander - Master of Waters
- Parraine - Spirit
- Remishaz - Master of Air
- Vesperen - Apprentice
- Ziraphelis - Master of Fire
- Chamber of Elements
- Ocean of Tempests
- Solani Island
- Solani Monastery
- Solani Lighthouse
- Swamplands of Silur Cha
- Strait of Knives
- The Glimmering Sea
- Barrow Guardian
- Barrow Spirit
- Bone Golem
- Bronze Manikin
- Dire Spectre
- Earth Elemental
- Elemental Vortex
- Father Honorton
- Fire Elemental
- Giant Roc
- Giant Skeleton
- Greater Ghoul
- Great Moray Eel
- Lizard Men - Mutant/Two-Headed
- Master of Earth
- Master of Air
- Master of Fire
- Master of Waters
- Mutant Amoeba
- Skeletal Mutant
- Skeletons - Black/Group/Red Skeleton Group/Warrior
- Squirting Octopus
- Swamp Alligator
- Wizard's Apprentice
- Zombies - Monk/Sea
- (79) should link to (146) instead of (46).
- The inscription in the illustration opposite (97) should read "BJQDKF" not "BJQDNF".
- (221) should read "roll four dice" not "roll your dice".
- (236) should refer to "provisions" not "possessions".
- On the "Adventure Sheet", there is a time elapsed box instead of a presence box.
- Additionally, there is poor pagination on (1) and (397), where it is not obvious that further options are given over the page.
- Character Sheet
- Fighting Fantasy at Gamebooks.org
- Island of the Undead at Gamebooks.org
- Island of the Undead at the Internet Archive record of the old Fightingfantasy.com