Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Weapon Used||Large Bite|
|Habitat||Lakes, Rivers, Sea|
Origins and DistributionEdit
Northern Crocodiles are also likely to be found along the reaches of the Whitewater River, the Catfish River, the Silver River (possibly as far as Bu Fon Fen), and the Red River. They are not thought to inhabit the River Kok, for the simple reason that they have not been recorded from the Marshes of Kok, but this is purely conjecture and they may well inhabit this waterway too.
Northern Crocodiles are large reptiles, around three metres long. They have four legs with webbed feet, a vertically-flattened tail for propelling them through the water, and long, tooth-filled jaws for catching prey. Northern Crocodiles are covered in armoured scales that range in colour from yellow through green and grey, to almost black.
Similar to other Crocodiles, Northern Crocodies are not so skilled when fighting on land (their skill being reduced by 2 points), but if they can lure or drag their prey into the water to fight, they will prove deadly opponents.
This is represented by making an opponent fighting a Crocodile reduce their Attack Strength by 1 whilst standing waist-deep in water. Alternatively, there are a range of skill modifiers for combat depending on whether the victim is knee-deep in water (-2), waist-deep (-4), up to their neck (-6), or swimming (-8).
- Northern Crocodiles are known for their voracious appetites, and they spend much of their day swimming in search of Fish, or larger prey if they are lucky, visible only as a pair of eyes peeking out above the surface of the water. The rest of the time they will be basking on the shore in the sun. Northern Crocodiles may be tremendously aggressive, and are not afraid to attack men or other creatures which disturb them.
- Northern Crocodiles (although not named as such) appear as one of the 100 creatures in the "Out of the Pit" bestiary in Issue 2 of Warlock. They also occur in that issue's Encounter Table for Water.
- Northern Crocodiles are known to be preyed upon by both shoals of Piranha, and the more solitary Giant Eel.
- The evil wizard known as Xortan Throg kept several stuffed Northern Crocodiles in the study of his tower.
- ↑ Curse of the Mummy - ???; Warlock Issue 1 - p.??
- ↑ Island of the Lizard King - 9, 31, 204, 387
- ↑ The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - 86, 151, 259, 350
- ↑ Dungeoneer - 316
- ↑ Non-canon
- ↑ Allansia - p.231
- ↑ Non-canon
- ↑ The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - 86
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Out of the Pit - 31
- ↑ FF59: 48
- ↑ Dungeoneer - p.166
- ↑ Warlock Issue 2 - 4
- ↑ Warlock Issue 2 - 5
- ↑ The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - 259, 350
- ↑ Out of the Pit - 44
- ↑ Dungeoneer - 94