|Weapon Used||Large Bite, Poisonous Tongue (see below)|
|Habitat||Desert, Hills, Plains|
Origins and DistributionEdit
The Rasaur is a rare type of carnivorous reptile from south-western Allansia. Its only appearance in canon occurred in the rocky Uron Heights on the southern border of the Desert of Skulls, near Spirit Rock. However, it is likely to be found throughout the desert, as well as the hills and plains of Arantis.
The Rasaur's appearance is a composite of Dragon, Giant Lizard, Arantian Crocodile, and Giant Toad, and it is likely that it was originally created magically by priests of the Sun Goddess to serve as a guardian at their temples. Over time, many Rasaurs escaped, and established wild populations in both the Desert of Skulls and isolated parts of Arantis.
The Rasaur is a large reptilian creature with a Dragon-like head and a fang-filled mouth. It has a long black tongue that snakes out from between its jaws. The Rasaur has six Crocodile legs that enable it to run at high speed. As it is also described as a Lizard, it presumably has a body and tail similar to that of a Giant Lizard. The Rasaur's colouration is not recorded but is probably a sandy yellow-brown.
The Rasaur's tongue has a poison gland on its tip, similar to those of Giant Toads. When it wins an Attack Round, roll one dice. On a roll of 4 to 6, it has hit its victim with its tongue, causing 1 extra stamina point of damage, in addition to normal damage from a "Large Bite". If the rules for Poison are also being used, this will add 1 to the victim's poison score.
- The Rasaur constructs a lair that consists of a long single tunnel leading to a small subterranean cavern. Within this will be found the bones of the creature's victims, as well as its nest (if female).
- The female Rasaur's nest is a mound of loose sand, at the top of which is a hollow. Here she will lay from 1 to 3 sandy-coloured eggs. These are surprisingly edible, and each one will count as 1 Provision.
- Rasaurs prey almost exclusively on Wild Dogs and similar creatures, but will also attack lone Human travellers if presented with such an opportunity.
- Its legs may have been originally taken from an Arantian Crocodile.
- The Rasaur likely exists in competition with other specialised carnivorous reptilian monsters such as the Gretch and Sand Snapper.