|Fan Written Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks|
|Location:||Analand, Old World|
|Author(s):|| Sagi Hed &|
|Cover illustrator:||Sagi Hed|
The adventure was originally titled Vampire!.
“ Crosslay Forest is home to a peacful veriety of wild and magical life. But it is also home to the evil dark necromancer known as Maurbied. Rumours of a plot to eliminate him are running all over the valley, but the truth is they cannot defeat him without you - Half Vampire, Half Man, you are the key to his comedown! YOU must help rid the valley of its dark ruler before it is too late... ”
- For luck the player rolls 1d6 and adds 4.
- As a Vampire the player has the ability to gaze. This starts as a poor skill, but improves as the adventure develops. In battle, if the player wins a certain number of consecutive attack rounds (i.e. in a row), they will have captured their enemy with their gaze. A captured enemy is a beaten enemy - as if its stamina is zero. Further more, the player will be able to consume the enemy's blood and regain lost stamina (see below). At the start of the adventure, the player can capture enemies after 4 successful attack rounds. This improves as below:
- After capturing their first two victims, this will improve to 3 successful rounds.
- After three more captures they will gain a new vampire ability (see below).
- After additional 3 captures, they will improve their gazing ability to 2 rounds only.
- After gazing 4 more times, they will gain another vampire ability (see below).
- gaze can be used outside of battle. Specific instructions are found in the relevant passage of how to go about doing this.
- Provisions do not restore stamina. Instead, the player may drink from a captured enemy, restoring as many stamina points as the captured enemy has left.
- While maximizing their gaze ability (see above), the player may gain additional Vampire abilities. When it is time to do so, they are instructed to write down the passage number they are in and turn to (135) to choose an ability.
The player begins with no equipment.
Cover and IllustrationsEdit
The cover was by Sagi Hed.
YOU: Hero of Realm of the Vampire
- Brother Lothar - Priest
- Ginny the Enchanter
- Lord Maurbied - Vampire
- Riz - Troglodyte
- Seranimus - Merchant
- BlueSome Gardens
- Cave of Doom
- Crossflow river
- Crosslay Forest
- Grabble Halls
- Gwado's Book Store
- Moonlight Cave
- Maurbied’s Tower
- Rune's Gambling Pit
- Samador’s Potions Hut
- The Black Crow
- The Wracky
- Animated Suit of Armour
- Bone Dragon
- Claw Beasts - Baby/Regular
- Giant Eagle
- Giant Spider
- Ginny the Enchanter
- Goblins - Hero /Regular/Warriors
- Hell Hound
- Huge Mud Worm
- Humans - Beggar/Blacksmith/Blind Farmer/Bounty Hunter/Drunken Man/Witch
- Iron Ox
- Lightning Alumin
- Midgets - Guards/Warlord/Warriors
- Orcs - Guard/Regular/Warchief/Warriors
- Pack of Bears
- Phoenix Monster
- Rattle Snake
- Tangling Plant
- Wild Boar
- Wounded Dark Elf