Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ruddlestone is one of the major lands of the Old World, situated on the north-eastern coast and sharing a troublesome border with Brice, to such a degree that the massive Demonkeep Fortress was constructed specifically to repel the interminable Brician invasions.
It is a small place, and the ruling faction are deeply religious and decidedly militaristic. Furthermore, it is seen as a paradoxical kingdom. The port of Harabnab on the eastern coast is known as a haven for all Lawful adventurers and travellers, yet the Port of Crabs, haven for all pirates within fifty nautical miles, lies just down the coast from it. Ruddlestone's cities house both the followers of Good gods and Evil ones, apparently living side by side with few restrictions placed on either faction.
However, in most civilised parts of Ruddlestone, the worship of certain deities is forbidden, and of all these, it is the goddess Shekka and her cult that is most feared. In recent times, the Cult of Shekka succeeded in stealing the Black Grimoire from Rassin Abbey, and would have managed to release the Kurakil into the world once more had it not been for a bold attack on their lair by Witchhunters and Demonslayers, which resulted in the cult's dispersal and the death of their High Priest.
Relations with Brice and the Ruddlestone Wars
- 1735OT: The First Ruddlestone War.
- 1805OT: The Second Ruddlestone War (which included the sacking of Ventarc).
The Rise of KakhabadEdit
- The First Crusade against Chaos, 185AC: At the end of the month of Dark, the Crusading forces laid siege to Belgaroth's fortress, Caer Skaal.
- 216AC: On the third day of Locking, two months after the burial of the Necromage Cadaver, the Great Bell began to toll again in Myrton in Ruddlestone, a portent of doom for the village.
The Crown of KingsEdit
The Return of BelgarothEdit
- This takes place in the 280s AC, perhaps even in 285AC - we know this since the First Crusade against Chaos is dated 185AC, and this is described as "One hundred years ago" at the time of the events described in Knights of Doom.
- In Background of Knights of Doom, there is mention of witchcraft in the north of Ruddlestone, which suggests that the events in Spellbreaker are contemporaneous with those in Knights of Doom.
- Port of Crabs
- Fertile Lands
- Brackish Bay
- Dagga Valley
- Cloudcap Mountains