Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Habitat||Forests, Hills, Plains, Wilderness|
- For other uses of Shape Changer, see Shape Changer (disambiguation)
A Shape Changer is a spiny Lizard Man-like creature which can take any humanoid form to catch its prey (Humans) unaware. It will revert to its natural form when attacking which is green, scaly and with spines along the length of its spine down to the tip of its long tail. It is believed that it can physically change its general shape, size and features and fills in the finer details with magical illusion.
- Clarecraft made a figurine called The Shape Changer in 1986 (re-released in 2004), as part of an officially licensed series of Fighting Fantasy Ornaments.
- The cover of The Forest of Doom, by Iain McCaig, features this creature and is one of the most widely used covers in the series, appearing not only on the book (and subsequent Puffin Books reprints), but also on the computer game version of the book, the jigsaw, in the colour plates in the A4 version of Out of the Pit, and also one of the covers featured in The Fighting Fantasy Poster Book.
- Martin McKenna also did an update of the Iain McCaig cover of Forest of Doom for Wizard Books, and again used the Shape Changer.
- Ian Livingstone cites this creature as being his favourite across all the Fighting Fantasy books.
More information can be found at:Source
The Forest of Doom
(paras 203#, 286#, 308, 373) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Blacksand! (p108#) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Island of the Lizard King (paras 294, 318#) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Armies of Death (paras 22#, 338*, 361) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Out of the Pit (Large ed.) (p7, p64*, p102#*, p126) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Warlock Issue 2 (p5#) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Warlock Issue 6 (p8)
The Fighting Fantasy 10th Anniversary Yearbook (Cover*, p6, p7, p33, p140*, p141-142#) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Allansia (p135, p141, p152)
Phantoms of Fear (paras 89, 240*, 307#, 396#) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Midnight Rogue (paras 6#, 33#, 86, 229, 367#) (Skill-10, Stamina-10)
Siege of Sardath (paras 186, 249)
To be used within full article: