|Weapon Used||Large Bite (but see below)|
Origins and DistributionEdit
Even in the most placid and idyllic pools, dangerous creatures may lurk just below the surface. The Spit Toad is one such peril, a man-sized carnivorous amphibian that attacks by shooting a jet of sticky acid at the eyes of any creature stopping to drink at its pool.
Their one major reference in canon comes from Fire Island, off the western coast of Allansia. However, they also occur on the Encounter Tables for Marshes and Rivers, so it is likely they are found in similar habitat across all three continents.
Spit Toads are almost certainly related to the equally-widespread Giant Toad. Another close relative could be the much larger Chaos Slime Beast of northern Allansia, especially since it too has an acidic drool like the Spit Toad.
When the Spit Toad launches its acid-spitting attack, the target must roll under their skill on two dice or be blinded by the liquid. This leaves them vulnerable to the Spit Toad as it leaps out of the water and attacks with a mouth full of teeth. If its opponent has been blinded, it will automatically bite him on its first strike, inflicting 2 stamina points of damage; otherwise the fight will proceed as normal. Should the Spit Toad kill its opponent it will swallow them whole, before leaping back into its pool.
- Spit Toads are solitary creatures, and only meet up on one night a year, to mate and spawn in the moonlight before returning to the safety of their lonely pools, to wait for their next meal.
- Spit Toads need constant contact with water.
- Spit Toads appear as one of the 100 creatures in the "Out of the Pit" bestiary in Issue 2 of Warlock.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Out of the Pit - 109-110
- ↑ Island of the Lizard King - 73, 128, 217, 248, 259, 339, 351, 396
- ↑ Allansia - 157, 172
- ↑ Non-canon
- ↑ Non-canon
- ↑ Island of the Lizard King - 73, 128, 217, 248, 339, 351, 396
- ↑ Island of the Lizard King - 217, 396
- ↑ Island of the Lizard King - 259
- ↑ Out of the Pit - 114
- ↑ Warlock Issue 2 - 5