|Other Fighting Fantasy Books|
|Cover illustrator||Terry Oakes|
|First published||Puffin Books: September 24 1992|
The Fighting Fantasy 10th Anniversary Yearbook is a yearbook designed to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Fighting Fantasy series in August 1992 (ISBN 0-14-036290-8). It was compiled and edited by Marc Gascoigne1 and illustrated by a number of artists (see "Cover and Illustrations" below for details). It also contains a calendar for the year 1993. Due to the anniversary nature of this title and the 1993 calendar, it is unlikely that this book will ever be republished.
- It contains a mini Fighting Fantasy adventure by Graeme Davis and additional material by Keith Martin.
“ 10 YEARS ON ... FIGHTING FANTASY
THE WORLDWIDE GAMEBOOK PHENOMENON
Gathered together in one book — all the meanest monsters, vilest beasts and the cruellest conquerors. Where did they come from? Where are they going? All is revealed in this yearbook.
Titan — a land for only the bravest adventurers — a land of legend, epic battles and heroic deeds. Maps, hints on play and a special solo game are all here for those who seek adventure.
Part diary — part gamebook — part guide — this is essential reading for any Fighting Fantasy fan.
Fighting Fantasy — the world's most popular adventure gamebook series.
The Titan CalendarEdit
- Main article: Rogue Mage
The book contains a reprinting of Rogue Mage by Graeme Davis from Warlock magazine issue 10. The adventure is spread out amongst the whole book, with the "Introduction", instructions and Adventure Sheet on pages 13 through to 21. Then from page 23 through to page 224 there is one reference from the adventure at the bottom of most (but not all) pages.1
- Oddly (105) is hidden at the top of the page on the same page as (106) and is not within the illustration of a piece of parchment, making it easy to overlook.
How to MapEdit
How to be a Great AdventurerEdit
This was written by Keith Martin.
Get by in GoblinEdit
Roll Them Bones!Edit
The Good Rat GuideEdit
Fighting Fantasy QuizEdit
Are You a Good Hero?Edit
Ugh! It's Zark the Violent!Edit
Cover and IllustrationsEdit
The original cover of the book was designed and illustrated by Terry Oakes.
Much of the art was reproduced from various Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, including:
- John Blanche - The Shamutanti Hills
- Dave Carson - Beneath Nightmare Castle
- Edward Crosby - Caverns of the Snow Witch
- Bob Harvey - Dungeon of Justice, Demons of the Deep
- Alan Langford - Battleblade Warrior
- Iain McCaig1 - Deathtrap Dungeon, Island of the Lizard King
- Martin McKenna - Vault of the Vampire, Moonrunner, Return to Firetop Mountain
- Kim Musselle2
- Russ Nicholson - The Citadel of Chaos, Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World
- Will Rees - Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World
- Tim Sell - The Dervish Stone, House of Hell, Out of the Pit
- John Sibbick - Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World
- Gary Ward - Caverns of the Snow Witch
- Nik Williams - Armies of Death
- art on p.14, 27, 54, 57, 61, 71, 74, 88, 93, 109, 113, 128, 161, 194, 205, 208, 210
- Credited as "Ian McCaig"
- Their art was original to this book
The maps were by Steve Luxton and reproduced from Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World.
- (42) is linked from 13 sections, and yet gives the option to "return to 103".
- (41) points to (42).
- Per Jorner reviews The Fighting Fantasy 10th Anniversary Yearbook at the group fighting_fantasy_gamebooks
- ↑ The Fighting Fantasy 10th Anniversary Yearbook - Back Cover