|Fan Written Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks|
|Location:||Darkwood Forest, Allansia|
“ It was therefore my intention to write a book which had a similar feel to Forest of Doom, whilst resolving some of the problems that the book had. ”
“ Part story, part game, this is a book with a difference- one in which YOU become the creature!
Darkwood Forest. A treacherous place of deep and gloomy undergrowth, with threatening trees blocking the sun overhead. Paths so contorted with turnings, and crossings, that many have entered the forest never to return. Or perhaps they have succumbed to the dangers that prowl inside, for many are the monsters and traps hidden within Darkwood's interior. Only the extremely brave, or the extremely foolish, would risk a journey into the gloom. The Dwarfs of Mirewater have told many journeys of heroes that have ventured into the forest seeking glory, or some hidden treasure. They have also told many more stories about the fools who thought they could conquer that living hell.
Taking the role of a Shape Changer, you must flee into the forest to escape your captors. You must learn how to blend in with the forest creatures, and to fight. Only then will you be able to seek revenge on the man who has ruined your life.
Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey. YOU decide which paths to take, which dangers to risk and which monsters to fight. Will you be able to conquer the Forest, in this race against time?
- There is a new stat, shifting, which is a 1d6 plus 5 roll.
- To shift forms the player must be present at the death of the creature they wish to imitate, rolling 1d6 and adding this to the creature's skill score. If the total is greater than the player's shifting score you are unable to mimic the creature in question. For every three successful imitations, the player may add 1 point to their shifting score.
- The player may eat only 1 set of Provisions at any time unless their stamina score is less than 8, at which time they may eat 2 Provisions. The player may also only eat when given the option in the text.
- time is measured in the adventure and every 24 hours the player must note the paragraph number they are on and turn to (100).
- As the player begins with no equipment, they have no backpack and may only carry 4 items at any time till they obtain a backpack. Items that can be worn (boots, jewellery, armour) and Gold Pieces are excluded from this restriction.
The player begins with no equipment.
There is a colour map by Arnold Page.
YOU: Hero of The Forest of Dreams
- Arragon - Archmage
- Bigleg - Dwarf
- Gereth Yaztromo - Wizard
- King Gillibran - Dwarf
- King Rancibrawn - Dwarf
- Vermithrax - Crow
- Ape Man
- Bile Demon
- Bird Man
- Blood Eel
- Blood Skeletons
- Boulder Beast
- Cat Man
- Creature Golem
- Dark Elf
- Death Dogs
- Death Spider
- Dragons - Black/Golden
- Dwarfs - Guards/Regular/She-Dwarf
- Giant Eel
- Giant Lizard
- Giants - Forest/Marsh
- Giant Snake
- Giant Spider
- Hill Men - Chief/Regular/Wild
- Human - Bandit Leader/Bandits/Hunter/Magician/Masked Rider
- Life Stealer
- Lizard Man
- Marsh Goblin
- Marsh Hopper
- Marsh Wraiths
- Orcs - Great/Regular
- Pygymies - Chieftan/Regular
- Roving Eye
- Wild Dogs
- Wood Elf
- The adventure is a prequel to The Forest of Doom.
- In (125) the player encounters an adventurer who is off to slay Zagor.