|Other Related Magazine|
The Salamonis Gazette Issue 2
|Location:||Titan and various|
|Editor(s)-in-Chief:|| Steve Jackson &|
|Editor(s):|| David Holt|
Simon Flynn (Icon Editor)
Tim Landucci (Desk Assistant)
|Interior Illustrator(s):||John Blanche, Mel Grant, Kevin Jenkins, Alan Langford, Martin McKenna, Russ Nicholson, Tim Sell, John Sibbick|
|Cover illustrator:||Mel Grant|
|Published:||scheduled for mid-late 2004 but unpublished?|
The Salamonis Gazette Issue 2 was the second issue of an on-going web-based magazine dedicated to Fighting Fantasy. Curiously, while the cover refers to issue as "Volume Two - Issue One" David Holt's editorial indicates that it is indeed the second issue of the webzine. It is not yet clear if this issue was ever published owing to the fact that only the first eleven pages have ever been seen. The official website notes under the news for February 2004 that:
“ The Adventurers' Guild area is now online and the new automated membership process operational. More exciting FF news, 2nd edition Salamonis Gazette and competitions. ”
which suggests that the second issue was published that month. However, the editorial of the actual pages of the issue notes that "its almost a year since the last edition of the Salamonis Gazette and another year is before us" indicating mid-late 2004 for a publication date, if indeed the webzine issue was ever published.
Fighting Fantasy NewsEdit
The news section covers the forthcoming arrival of new books for 2005.
The contents page promises the following other content:
- "Yaztromos's Scrolls"
- An interview with Simon Flynn of Icon Books.
- "The Undead" - a look at the undead in Fighting Fantasy
- "One Step Beyond" - a history of the origins of Fighting Fantasy
- "Out of the Pit" - monsters created by members of the Fightingfantasygamebooks.com forum
- "Warlock's Quill" - readers letters
- A new competition
- Winner of the previous competition in issue 1
- Six 25-50 paragraph mini adventures presented as winners of another competition
- Fighting Fantasy CCG - new cards and rules