Warlock Issue 11
|Location:||Titan and various|
|Editor(s)-in-Chief:|| Steve Jackson &|
|Editor(s):|| Marc Gascoigne (Editor)|
Martin Clement (Production Manager)
Alan Merrett (Publications Manager)
|Interior Illustrator(s):||Not Credited except John Blanche as Art Editor and Charles Elliott for Graphic Design|
|Cover illustrator:||Christos Achilleos|
|First published:||July 1986|
Omens and AuguriesEdit
- Sword of the Samurai and Trial of Champions should both now be in stores.
- Robot Commando (September 25th), Masks of Mayhem (November) and Creature of Havoc (mentioned as a provisional title with no release date) are scheduled for release.
- Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World is for release on October 30th.
- The Riddling Reaver is set for publication in November.
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain boardgame is closer to release.
- The Japanese version of Warlock has begun publication.
- The computer game adaptation of Rebel Planet is now out with versions of Temple of Terror and Demons of the Deep on the way.
- The computer game version of The Way of the Tiger went to number one in the UK software charts.
- Book 5 of The Way of the Tiger (Warbringer!) is out in October.
- The Magnamund Companion is to be published in October.
- Joe Dever is at work on the next Combat Heroes books The Scarlet Sorcerer and The Emerald Enchanter.
- Mark Smith and Jamie Thomson have completed the second Duelmaster books titled The Valley of Blood.
- Dave Morris has completed the first two books in the new Blood Sword series: Battle Pits of Krarth and The Kingdom of Wyrd.
- FASA have produced two Doctor Who gamebooks: Doctor Who and the Vortex Crystal and Doctor Who and the Rebel's Gamble.
Into the UnknownEdit
This article by Graeme Davis gives the means for creating (potentially) endless dungeons for players to roam and loot.
It is illustrated by C.B. Marshall.
The Arcane ArchiveEdit
The reviews section with reviews by Paul Cockburn. Reviewed this issue were:
- Clash of the Princes by Andrew Chapman and Martin Allen (Puffin Books, £3.50 - Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks): "The only problem as I can see it is that the book falls into the old trap of sometime making choices for the reader."
- Treachery in Drakenwood and Fortress of the Firelord by Paul Vernon (Unwin Books, £2.95 each - Fatemaster Gamebooks): "If they don't always work perfectly, it's because they are trying hard to be flexible."
- Castle Death by Joe Dever (Beaver Books, £1.95 - Lone Wolf Gamebooks)
- Madame Guillotine: The French Revolution by Simon Farrell and Jonathan Sutherland (Dragon Books, £1.95 - Real Life Gamebooks)
Paint Yer Dragon!Edit
Rick Priestly looks at the "art" of swapping body parts on miniatures.
Derek the TrollEdit
The R.A.T.S. Are HereEdit
- Main article: Fighting Fantasy Competitions
Word find crossword based on the Zoids toys that were popular at the time.
The Warlock's QuillEdit
This section had letters from readers published and responded to by the editor. Discussed this issue is the absence of "Omens and Auguries" from issue 10, competitions, and fantasy art.
"Out of the Pit"Edit
Another new logo for this section (this time by Will Rees). The four monsters this issue were:
- Lightning Creature by Barnaby Holmes
- Shrouded Wanderer by David Picking
- Cobra People by Simon Hall
- Arcron by Chris Bormond
All were illustrated by Darren Chandler.
Tough on the StreetsEdit
Article about Judge Dredd with a caption competition ("Follow the Law").
Robert Neville explains about the Judge Dredd boardgame and RPG.
Shuggy Hall BrawlEdit
A game based on Judge Dredd.
The Land of ChangesEdit
- Main article: The Land of Changes
- The inside front cover has a full-page colour advert for Clash of the Princes and Trial of Champions.
- Page 19 has a full-page black and white advert for "Games Day '86" which Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone are attending. It runs from September 27th to the 28th, 1986, at The Royal Horticultural Society Hall, London.