Warlock Issue 8
|Location:||Titan and various|
|Editor(s)-in-Chief:|| Steve Jackson &|
|Editor(s):|| Steve Williams (Assistant Editor) |
Paul Mason (Editorial Assistant)
Mary Common (Art and Production Editor)
Peter Darvill-Evans (Publications Manager)
|Interior Illustrator(s):||David Andrews, Leo Hartas, Bill Houston, Pete Martin|
|Cover illustrator:||Christos Achilleos|
|First published:||January 1986|
The cover was by Christos Achilleos.
Omens and AuguriesEdit
- Details about Sword of the Samurai and Trial of Champions.
- The Way of the Tiger title Overlord! is due out shortly and a computer game adaptation is in the works.
- Books #5 (The Dying Sun) and #6 (At the End of Time) of the Falcon series are also for release.
- The Japanese release of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain has sold more than 250,000 copies (more than the number sold in the UK) and Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone are planning a trip there soon.
- A new series of gamebooks are due soon, called Real Life Gamebooks. They are by Jonathan Sutherland and Simon Farrell and the first two titles are Madame Guillotine and 1066 - The Last Invasion. A third (Through the Wire) and fourth (Sword and Flame) are in the works.
- The next Lone Wolf title (Castle Death) is due out in late May/early June and a third The World of Lone Wolf title has been announced as Beyond the Nightmare Gate.
- Publishers Allen and Unwin have gamebook series called Unicorn Fatemaster Adventures for release in May. The titles are Treachery in Drakenwood and In the Fortress of the Firelord. A third title is planned.
- More Dragon Warriors titles are due for release: Out of the Shadows, The Power of Darkness, and Lands of Legend.
"Out of the Pit"Edit
- Cave Crawler by Craig Vooght
- Soulsucker by Andrew Hill
- Gleff by Anonymous
- Sectile by Robert Hinchliff
- The Cleaver by Jamie Latuskie
The Arcane ArchiveEdit
- Out of the Pit by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, edited by Marc Gascoigne (Puffin Books, £3.95 - Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks): "If nothing else, this book will tell you more about the hairy nasty that ate you on your last adventure."
- Starflight Zero and The Path of Peril by David Fickling and Perry Hinton (Puffin Books, £2.95 - Fantasy Questbooks): "They're a different kind of fun as far as I can see..."
- You Can Be the Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison (Grafton Books, £1.95)
- Usurper! by Mark Smith and Jamie Thomson (Knight Books, £1.75 - The Way of the Tiger Gamebooks): "I like these books ... but they are very complicated."
- The Kingdoms of Terror by Joe Dever (Beaver Books, £1.75 - Lone Wolf Gamebooks): "These are complicated books, but the stories have a strong flavour."
- Grey Star the Wizard by Ian Page and Joe Dever (Beaver Books, £1.75 - The World of Lone Wolf Gamebooks)
The Warlock's QuillEdit
This section had letters from readers published and responded to by the editor.
Brain Blistering Maze Competition ResultsEdit
The Tower of HadesEdit
- Main article: The Tower of Hades (mod)
Written by Dale Ashman, the adventure is a multi-player adventure based on the Fighting Fantasy - The Introductory Role-playing Game rules. It was illustrated (including maps) by Leo Hartas.
Arkenor and Max - Part VEdit
The Floating CityEdit
- Main article: The Floating City (mini-ff)
Fantasy in MiniatureEdit
- Inside front cover is a colour full-page advert announcing the release of Demons of the Deep, along with the reminder of six other previous releases.
- Page 5 has a black and white half-page advert for the Fighting Fantasy Software game Seas of Blood.